Tuesday, March 20, 2018

A Sandwich from God. Bread/Prologue: All My Fears and Failures

I asked the Lord for a word from him today. I really needed it: his presence, his faithfulness, his strength, his assurance. 

He gave me more than a word. 

He gave me a sandwich. 

I have always loved the chiasm literary device. A chiastic structure is one where the central message is in the middle sandwiched by passages before and after. 

I have a playlist of gospel songs and in asking for a word from him, I hit Shuffle and my phone plays Hillsong’s Mighty to Save

I felt this is not a coincidence but really a song God is giving me because I have been ministered by it a couple of days ago. It’s like him reminding me, “didn’t I tell you already.”

Mighty to Save 


Well, everyone needs compassion 
A love that's never failing 
But let mercy fall on me 
Well, everyone needs forgiveness 
The kindness of a Savior 
The hope of nations 

My Savior He can move the mountains 
My God is Mighty to save 
He is Mighty to save 
Forever Author of salvation 
He rose and conquered the grave 
Jesus conquered the grave 

So take me as You find me 
All my fears and failures 
And fill my life again 
I give my life to follow 
Everything I believe in 
And now I surrender (I surrender) 

Shine your light and let the whole world see 
We're singing for the glory of the risen King 
Jesus, Shine your light and let the whole world see 
We're singing for the glory of the risen King 

Songwriters: Ben Fielding / Reuben Morgan Mighty to Save lyrics © Capitol Christian Music Group

My prayer is that O Lord, in all my fears and failures, please fill my life with you, you are mighty to save and deliver me. You have and you will. 

This is the bread of the sandwich. Tune in as I write about the filling tomorrow. 

pearlie

No comments:

Post a Comment