Monday, January 01, 2018

My Projects for 2018

Happy New Year and a Blessed 2018! 
Selamat Tahun Baru! 
新年快乐 万事如意! 
새해복많이 받으세요!

It was since 2016 that I am giving myself three projects every year. I don’t want any resolutions because they have a bad reputation of being broken. 

My projects don’t get broken. They are either completed or I don’t find them interesting enough and I abandon them. 

I know. I know. It’s the same thing but I’m still calling them my projects. 

I had these three in 2016, with their success and failure noted here

And in 2017, (1) I kind of succeeded in completing my 20-book challenge but I’ve always gone way beyond the minimum count of 20 consecutively since 2012. But I’ve only manage 20 in 2017. (2) I wanted to join a more “technical” choral group. I passed the audition but on my first rehearsal, I didn’t like the way it was done and so I quit. (3) I wanted to learn a new language. I started on Korean and with the progress using the tools I have, I went into Mandarin as well. But I’m still a beginner. Language isn’t an easy thing. 

So what’s in it for me in 2018?

1. I just started my 2018 book challenge in Goodreads and I’m being realistic. I know my limitations but I want to do more than 20 and so I have set it at 25. I hope I can surpass that and despite sounding rather resolution-ish, I have to do something about my recent addiction to the television. 

2. I am giving my language learning another year. I feel I am really plateauing at the moment but I need to press on and so I will. I hope to give a good report at the end of the year. 

3. I’ve inadvertently set my mind to lose some weight beginning September 2016 and walk more since December 2017. And I have done quite well. Maintaining it is much harder and so my third project will be to maintain my current weight, though I’m quite set on losing a couple more kilos and for a person who doesn’t like to walk, I need to keep on walking. 

So there you go, let’s see how I will fare this time round. 

pearlie

No comments:

Post a Comment