Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Now I know what jet lag is



I did not experience any jet lag when I arrived in the US, but now that I’m back, I am having it bad. 

I’ve never experienced anything like this before. The furthest I have flown before this was to Qatar, a 5-hour time zone difference, and when I returned, I just went on as usual with no jet lag. 

But this time it’s bad with it being a 16-hour time difference. 

The Mayo Clinic describes jet lag as a sleep disorder and the symptoms can vary but will worsen the farther you travel. And it takes about a day to recover for each time zone crossed. 

With the 16-hour time zone I’ve crossed, if you minus 24 hours or a day from it, I would suffer from jet lag for a total of 8 days. 

This means I will only feel better this coming Sunday. Oh boy...that’s many more days to go. 

The symptoms I have encountered so far are:
• daytime fatigue - I get very tired after lunch time
• difficulty concentrating
• stomach problems - I keep burping
• a general feeling of not being well
• sore achy muscles
• panting after walking up the stairs
• dizziness
• splitting headaches - I woke up in the middle of the night with the worst migraine in a long time 
• eye twitching for one whole day from morning till night - and it was really irritating and uneasy

I am trying to get by each day normally but it’s hard. I don’t think taking naps is recommended but I think I should take controlled naps to rid of some of the fatigue. 

It is certainly a blessing that the next two days are public holidays. Thank you God!!!

But I will have to think twice next time I plan to fly again. 

pearlie

No comments:

Post a Comment