Tuesday, December 26, 2017

2017: My Year In Books

I’ve made reading challenges for the past few years and I’ve read 30 in 2012, 37 in 2013, 56 in 2014, 41 in 2015 and 30 in 2016. 

I’ve read the least this year since I’ve started the challenge. 

I’m not sure if I really did challenge myself—because I’d put it at 20 books every year, that is, I must at least read 20 a year. 

I’ve done well from 2012 to 2016, but not this year. 

I literally had to get myself to sit down today to complete the book I’m reading so I can complete the challenge, if I can call it a challenge. 

And if you take a look at the books I read this year, because of my interest in the Korean language, I’ve been reading a lot about the country as well, and it is a fascinating country. But that’s another post. 

And I better get back to more reading for 2018. 

But even though I’ve only done 20, I’m proud to be part of the mere 1% who have completed their challenge. 



And for those who haven’t been reading much, I challenge you to start. Create an account in goodreads.com and use it to motivate you to start and keep reading. 

And add me as your goodreads friend!









pearlie

No comments:

Post a Comment