Friday, September 15, 2017

Every life is a pile of good things and bad things

I have a few favourite movies and TV episodes I go back to once in awhile like they are old friends.

This is one of them, one of my most favourite TV episodes ever. I have blogged about it before and I would like pay tribute to it again. 

Vincent and the Doctor (2010)
Starring Matt Smith, Karen Gillan, Tony Curran and Bill Nighy


I love the colours, the emotions, the warmth, the art and even the pain of the story, it's just so fantastic. Tony Curran gave a brilliant portrayal of Vincent Van Gogh and Bill Nighy was precious as an uppity art expert. 

Watching this makes me happy, and it makes me sad at the same time, very much like what life is about sometimes. 

And this is my all-time favourite TV lines: "Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. Good things don't always soften the bad things but vice versa the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant."

"We definitely added to his pile of good things."

Have you added to anyone's pile of good things lately?

pearlie 

No comments:

Post a Comment