Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Sigh...Toxic People - the bane of my life

 

I had another frustrating day with some toxic people today. I know I have blogged about it several times before and reading some of my older posts, I feel the same way today what I felt in 2014, especially on the eye-rolling part!

I re-posting it here, with slight changes though:

I find it very difficult to be in the presence of toxic people. And since the way I deal with things sometimes is to intellectualise it, I checked out quotations about them, but I found most quotes are not very kind.

These are the better ones (source: www.goodreads.com):

People appear like angels until you hear them speak. You must not rush to judge people by the colour of their cloaks, but by the content of their words.
~ Israelmore Ayivor

Someone who smiles too much with you can sometimes frown too much with you at your back.
~ Michael Bassey Johnson

The biggest distraction in life to one's focus is often near locus standing people saying all hocus-pocus.
~ Anuj Somany

I try my best to keep an arm's length with toxic people, and whenever I can, to walk out of the room, trying hard not to roll my eyes. 

When I am in the thick of it however, it will be extremely hard to manage and it will definitely stress me out, especially when I cannot "leave".

Only that I really need to stop rolling my eyes. 

pearlie

No comments:

Post a Comment