Saturday, April 08, 2017

Did your old school now look smaller to you?

One of my friends was telling me that he visited his old school, which he has not set foot in the last ten years.

I asked him if he felt that his school has somehow grown smaller. He readily agreed and stated that even the school street looked small to him now. 

Now I know it's not just me. I felt that way when I decided to drive by my old school when I was in Klang one day. 


Methodist Girl's School Klang

It looked so much smaller. I remembered it as a grand place with its building blocks looming over me when I was there in my schooling days.

Could it be that when we were in school, it was not just a building but we saw it as a force, an authority, governing and dominating a large part of our lives? But as we leave school, we see more of life and we see the bigger world?

Or we could have just grown taller.

pearlie 

No comments:

Post a Comment