Thursday, February 23, 2017

When I wait, I buy books!

It is the second day of a training session I am facilitating for work today. I was early and while waiting for the participants to arrive, I bought three books. 

iGods, How Technology Shapes Our Spiritual and Social Lives
by Craig Detweiler
Since I am somewhat a gadget and app-freak, this book attracted me. I took a read at its preview copy and I think I am quite okay with the author's voice. I do hope it will prove to be a good read. 

Crucify! Why the Crowd Killed Jesus
by Timothy J. Stoner
I thought this book will be suitable for me to read in the coming Lent season. I have not heard of the author or the publisher before but its review in Amazon claimed that it is a very, very good book. We'll see. 

The Healthy Pressure Cooker Cookbook
by Janet A. Zimmerman
I have stopped buying cookbooks a long time ago but since both my mom and I bought a pressure cooker each, we are somewhat at a loss on how best to use it. I know there are a whole lot of articles and recipes online but I thought I will be still quite useful to have a book on it, and what more, it's chock-full of healthy recipes. 

pearlie

No comments:

Post a Comment