Tuesday, February 07, 2017

Movie Night

I have not been watching any movies for awhile and I finally caught up with two.


The Arrival
This is quite a slow moving movie but I found it very interesting. This is one movie I will watch again after finding out what it's all about. There will be some scenes where I will understand better when I watch it again. I shouldn't say more for fear of spoilers. 


Passengers
I didn't like this movie that much. It started with a very interesting premise with the protagonist waking up 90 years too soon on his way to a new human colony. He was part of a group of 5000 people who were put into hibernation on a 120-year journey to a new land. His pod malfunctioned when the spacecraft was hit by meteorites, and he woke up way too soon. But when he started contemplating waking up another person just because he was lonely, I felt it wasn't right. I get it that he was a "drowning man" but does that justify him waking up another human to die with him in the ship?

pearlie

No comments:

Post a Comment