Monday, January 16, 2017

Languages: speak to their hearts

 
I love this quote by Nelson Mandela: "If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his language, that goes to his heart."

I think it's everyone's dream to speak multiple languages. 

I was introduced to www.italki.com, a language learning community social website, by my good friend Ee-Tan back in April 2014. Didn't realized it was so long ago. I was hoping I was able to sustain my learning of languages there but it remains a pipe dream. I wasn't able to put in the time and as Ee-Tan have told me, to learn languages I need to be more serious about it and it would work better if I got myself a teacher.

A teacher, maybe not yet. But I do need to get more serious and keep at it. But mostly to keep it fun.

pearlie 

No comments:

Post a Comment