Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Drums, books and an awful salesman

I got a bit bored staying at home today, having the day off, and decided to go for a walk at the mall. And off I went to Suria KLCC.

First, I got to watch this awesome drums performance at the concourse area. Too bad I was watching it from the second floor and what I captured here is an aerial view of the performance. But I loved it!



Then I was at Kinokuniya, my one and only favourite bookstore. 



It was nice to be in a bookstore again, though I did not get many books, just one. Kindle books, especially those on sale, are so much cheaper. I noticed a couple of titles which I got from Kindle probably $1.99 or $2.99 were selling at RM80 and above!

Next, I went to take a look at some smartphones for my mom. Her phone is not working very well and we thought it's time she got a new one. She wanted a simple one and so I went to look at the lower end models.

To start with, I was at the Samsung flagship store. I saw the J2 series and its quality looks bad. But the sales service was worse. There wasn't much information about the phones on display and so I asked the salesperson what's the difference between the J2 Prime and the J5 Prime models.  His answer?  "The specs of the J2 is lower." Okay, that's obvious. And so I tried again and asked about their performance. His answer? "The specs are lower." Okay, I'm done with Samsung.

I then went to the Huawei store and the salesperson I met was so much nicer in comparison. She asked me what I was looking for and made recommendations what I should get for my mom. 

I also wanted to take a look at the Microsoft Lumia models as well but I don't know know which stores carry them. I think there is one in Low Yat and I will try to make a trip there in the next few days. 

I was a good afternoon window shopping, something I have not done in a long time. 

pearlie

No comments:

Post a Comment