Tuesday, January 10, 2017

From aerogrammes to messaging apps

 

In my project to learn a new language and to improve my dismal command of the Chinese language, I made some friends in italki.com today and chatted with them on and off for the whole day yesterday. 

It was good to connect and make friends to speak the languages we want to learn and from whom we are free to ask questions.

But I just realized something interesting that only people my age would understand. This in comparison to my childhood days when I was writing letters on aerogrammes with pen pals from the other sides of the world is just amazing. 

We now can have conversations with anyone anywhere in real time. No more composing of long letters, no more travelling to the post office, no more waiting for a reply. 

How things have changed. 

pearlie

No comments:

Post a Comment