Saturday, December 03, 2016

Now I'm hooked to K-pop, oh dear

I know I am still addicted to Korean dramas however much I tell myself they are a waste of time. But I saw the Korean pop music playlists on Spotify and Apple Music. I was avoiding them but I nonchalantly went and checked them out today, and that was it -- I am hooked to it now.

I knew some of the drama male leads in my favourite dramas are singers as well, and I am surprised they are actually good.  On the contrary, I have yet to find a drama female lead who sings well. The few that I tried listening to have quite poor vocal quality.

Here are three of my favourites:

Joo Won - If I Were (Good Doctor)
I fell in love with this song when I heard it in the Good Doctor, and that was an awesome scene. Joo Won plays an autistic savant who becomes a pediatric surgeon. Too bad this song is not available in Apple Music though it is in Spotify. 

Kim Bum - I'm Going to Meet You Now (Boys Over Flowers)
I just could not stop listening to this one. I'm quite impressed with his vocals. The romanization and translation of the lyrics into English is found here

Hyun Bin - That Man (Secret Garden)
The lyrics do not appeal that much to me, but it is after all my favourite drama and he really emotes the song very well.

pearlie 

No comments:

Post a Comment