Wednesday, December 28, 2016

I'm always on call at the end of the year



I usually take a long break from work during the last week of every year but more often than not, I almost always have to come back to work for a day or half a day to cater to others' schedules and requirements. 

The most memorable one was when I received a call from the firm's partner to go back to work on the last day of the year. I remember receiving the call when I was happily buying books in Pustaka Sufes. I readily agreed and ended up attending a meeting with a client on 31 December of that year. 

This time, I came back to work midway through my break today for a meeting with a head of division. No one in my team is available to attend to it and so I had to. The amusing thing was that the meeting, albeit important, was only 15 minutes. But then again, that is what I call a good meeting - quick, effective and decisive. 

pearlie

No comments:

Post a Comment