Saturday, October 29, 2016

Cognitive Bias: Recency Effect

 
I have read and noticed recently some common cognitively biases that people around me have made that I would like to find out more. This is so that I will be more aware about them and not be affected when I make decisions myself. 

One of the cognitive biases that I have noticed over the week is what is called recency bias. This is a tendency to weigh the latest information more heavily than new data, without realizing it. 

We tend to become so confident in what we think we know that decisions are hastily made with very limited data. 

So in order for me to improve decision making in this matter in the following week, I will need to seek more data, facts and contextual information before a proposal can be given and decision made. 

Find out more here: Recency Bias

pearlie 

No comments:

Post a Comment