Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Trying to get over bad feelings

I did not have a nice day yesterday when something that shouldn't have happened happened. 

I felt bad about it and I didn't want to feel that way and so I kept telling myself that it's okay, but it was not okay. I couldn't for the life of me get the bad feelings off as much as I would want to. I tried very hard to get my mind off the matter but I kept going back to thinking about it. 

I finally decided that I couldn't stop the feelings and that I would have to give it some time and ride along it without any frustrations until it dissipates. 

That was yesterday evening. 

This morning, on my commute to work, I thought I'd watch some TED talks in the car. 

This video was a godsend. It brightened up my morning and then the whole day. And I thank God for it. 

The Agony of Trying to Unsubscribe by James Veitch


I was laughing out loud towards the end of the talk but it was this very last part that I will cherish: 
"Guys, just remember, whenever you feel weighed down, and then the bureaucracy and often mundanity of modern life, don't fight the frustration. Let it be the catalyst for whimsy."

pearlie

No comments:

Post a Comment