Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Something I can't stop talking about: books and reading


Those who know me well and those who follow my blog would know by now that I am a bibliophile, I love books. I like collecting them. I love reading them. And I can't stop talking about it.

Whenever I run training sessions, I will take the opportunity to ask my classes who loves to read. The response? On average, only 1 in 20 loves to read. I had tried to convince my classes that they need to read, that reading is good for them. But by now I have already given up on it. Not everybody loves to read and so be it.

I started reading from a very young age. The Famous Five, The Secret Seven, The Three Investigators, Nancy Drew and the Trixie Beldon series were my favourites. I then moved on to books by Sidney Sheldon, John Grisham and Michael Crichton.

I started my goodreads account in July 2010 and I just noted today that I have read 332 books, and that does not include those I read in my childhood days. If I don't count all those beginning years, I suppose I would have read on average about 12 books in a year in my adult life, which I thought was quite a lot. I don't remember reading so much except for the last 5 years when I really started to take account of my reading.

Like I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, I went back to reading because I really missed it. I have tried to branch out to other activities but reading is still it for me. With that, I have finished 7 books in August and now at mid-September, I have read 5 books, and really enjoying the experience.

pearlie

No comments:

Post a Comment