Thursday, August 18, 2016

How to speak so that people want to listen

I talk quite a bit sometimes about singing and the fact how useful it would be to learn and train ourselves to sing better so others will hear us better.  I just came across this TED Talk, not about singing, but about speaking, almost in the same way I'd talk about singing, and I find it brilliant. 

The thing is I find there are some people who speak and you'd listen. Why? I think Julian Treasure here has the answer. 

First and foremost, it starts from within. Who you really are on the inside counts a whole lot. It applies when you are singing, in meaning it from your heart what you sing. And it counts a lot when you speak. Because since I'm hearing you out, who are you as you really are on the inside?



pearlie 

No comments:

Post a Comment