Saturday, July 16, 2016

We have hope

I had wanted to write about how dismal the world is as it goes worse and worse. Everyday is filled with news of death and destruction. I had some discouraging statistics on how terrorism has risen since the watershed moment of 9-11, but what we need instead is the reassurance of the sovereignty of our Lord God Almighty and the saving grace of our Lord Jesus Christ.

6 And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not alarmed, for this must take place, but the end is not yet.
7 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be famines and earthquakes in various places.
8 All these are but the beginning of the birth pains. - Matthew 24:6-8

4 "I tell you, my friends, do not fear those who kill the body, and after that have nothing more that they can do.
5 But I will warn you whom to fear: fear him who, after he has killed, has authority to cast into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him! - Luke 12:4-5

If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land. - 2 Chronicles 7:14

And a cloud overshadowed them, and a voice came out of the cloud, "This is my beloved Son; listen to him." - Mark 9:7

And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth. - John 1:14

52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed.
53 For this perishable body must put on the imperishable, and this mortal body must put on immortality.
54 When the perishable puts on the imperishable, and the mortal puts on immortality, then shall come to pass the saying that is written: "Death is swallowed up in victory." 
55 "O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting?" 
56 The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law.
57 But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
58 Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain. - 1 Corinthians 15:52-58

pearlie 

2 comments:

  1. I love that hope is not pie in the sky wishful thinking. We who have been spiritually transformed ARE new creations. We HAVE a new heart. Such things give me hope today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed. The hope we have in Christ is real and it comforts the heart and provides peace as well knowing that we have him whom we can trust as Lord of the universe.

    ReplyDelete