Sunday, July 24, 2016

Star Trek Beyond ★★★★★


My hubby and I watched Star Trek Beyond today. It was very good. I enjoyed it tremendously.

Unlike the Independence Day Resurgence, which I just realised I didn't even bothered to blog about, even though STB has about the same amount of action, aliens and explosions, it is a movie about the characters that IDR was not. It was fun watching the interplay and dynamics between them, like Spock and Bones, Scotty and Jaylah. You'd get caught into it through their banter and dialogue. 

And I really liked the Jaylah character. She has gumption. Her makeup is fantastic, kind of like Dark Maul but not evil. 

But watching Anton Yelchin as Chekov made me really sad. His scenes over the previous Star Trek movies were really good ones, as well as his other movies I have watched. May he rest in peace.

pearlie

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review Pearlie. Hope to see it in a week or so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know what you think when you have watched it. I didn't say much, no spoilers :)

    ReplyDelete