Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Run to him and keep running to him: CEP/KVBC 2016 Day 2

 Andrew Reid on "The Humiliated Head of a New Humanity" ~ Hebrews 2:5-18

Today is day two of the conference, and again, it was excellent. The exposition of Scripture and the teaching of the ways to read Scripture were so insightful and useful. It is not so relevant in quoting this and albeit not accurately, but I feel like being drunk in the Spirit with the filling and chewing of the Word for the whole day (Eph 5:18).

I was so exhausted by the time the CEP Preaching Conference Day Two came to a close. And I was telling my good friend that I am in a 75:25 situation, that is a small part of me wants to go home and go to bed. But we persevered on and it was a good decision.

I wish I was more alert in listening to Andrew Reid's exposition of Heb 2:5-18 during the night session but I still managed to get some very good insights from the passage - the type and anti type of the fallen humanity that is us and the perfect human in Christ.

My wow moment was when Reid said, "we share in the flesh and blood of the Savior" and I am now sure if he said the following or if it dawned on me that on top of that we are invited to partake of that perfect flesh and blood that is Christ.

And his closing is a reiteration of why I am in this conference in the first place - run to him and keep running to him.

pearlie

No comments:

Post a Comment