Sunday, July 31, 2016

I blank out on words far too often these days

My memory is getting from bad to worse. I don't think I had that much of a problem in expressing myself before but now words that I need get stuck at the tip of my tongue.

I wanted to tell a friend that the swipe keyboard feature is native to the Android phones but I went blank on the word "native".

I was saying a prayer this morning in church while I was worship leading and I said, "we offer to You God our whole selves, no exceptions," but I got stuck. I wanted to say "no exceptions" but I blanked out.  People may have thought that I paused for dramatic effect but in reality, I was frantically searching for that phrase in my head but it was nowhere to be found. 

What do you do when this happens?

Since I'm in the middle of a public prayer, I had no choice but to say something that means the same, even though it's not at all the same. 

It's frustrating. 

pearlie 

No comments:

Post a Comment