Thursday, July 28, 2016

Bible by Tecarta

Bible by Tecarta 

I downloaded Tecarta's bible app into my iPhone and iPad some months ago as I had then needed a different version from the ESV bible that I have been using. I used it most in the last three days during the CEP and KVBC conference and I love it. I like it much better than the Crossway ESV bible app. When you use it, you do not need to purchase any of the bible translations. You can "try" them and the app will stream the bible passages to your device as and when you need it.

But more importantly, I find the annotation and highlighting features very useful. I am able to highlight sections of a verse, words or phrases, and not just the whole verse like in the ESV app. The annotation of verses are simpler to use and it is separated from the inbuilt notepad, which I use for sermon notes, not tied to any verses like in the ESV app.

I have since decided to purchase the New Living Translation. I was contemplating buying the NIV Zondervan Study Bible but at USD23.99 and the fact that I don't seem to use it that much when I tried it for a limited period of three days during the conference, I don't think I shall spend the money. 

I give it a 5/5-star review. 

pearlie

No comments:

Post a Comment