Sunday, May 15, 2016

Warm Bodies ★★★★☆

I caught up with this movie today and surprisingly I really liked it. The first four minutes was enough to get me hooked on to watch the whole movie. It may just start with a monologue but I found it so witty and funny I had to see more. And Nicholas Hoult's delivery of it was brilliant. 

What I'm doing with my life?
I'm so pale. I should get out more.
You should eat better. My posture is terrible.
I had to keep myself upright.
People would respect me more if I kept upright.
What's wrong with me? I just want to connect.
Cause I can not connect with people?
Oh, right.
It's because I'm dead.
It should not be so hard on me.
I mean, we're all dead.



And when I was at the half hour mark, the zombie had already unexpectedly saved and is now harbouring a living girl, keeping her safe from the other brain-eating zombies. But now what? Where could the story go? Surprisingly, it has quite an interesting plot and ending. Not spectacular but quite interesting. 

pearlie

2 comments:

  1. Not a Zombie flick guy but you made me thi8nk about watching this one. ツ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool...you must tell me what you think - to set your expectations, it's a rom-com by the way :)

    ReplyDelete