Thursday, May 12, 2016

The Jungle Book (2016) - absolutely loved it! ★★★★★

I decided to go watch The Jungle Book today on a whim with my colleague and it was a good decision. The movie was superbly good. Neel Sethi as Mowgli was adorable. Ben Kingsley as Bagheera was fitting and Bill Murray as Baloo was absolutely brilliant. The old cartoon was one of my favourites and it was a delight to have all my favourite scenes reprised so well digitally. 

I asked myself which my favourite scenes of the new movie were and it has to be these two: (1) Mowgli and Baloo singing Bare Necessities in the river and (2) Mowgli saving the elephant with his "man tricks".


I watched it in Berjaya Times Square GSC Premier and it was a good cinema. At just RM18 per entry, the double seats were wide and comfortable, and the sound system was fabulous. My only misgivings were that the screen could have been a bit bigger and the emergency floor lights at the aisles were just too bright. During the darker scenes of the movie, they were very distracting. They do not bother me in a regular sized cinema as I would be seated right in the middle away from those aisle lights. But no matter, it was still a good experience. 

pearlie

No comments:

Post a Comment