Wednesday, May 25, 2016

In the presence of the King, bow the knee

Bow the Knee
Words and music by Chris Macken and Mike Harland
Arranged by Tom Fettke

We began learning this song in our Grace Notes practice today and I found the words so beautiful and meaningful.

Bow the Knee
There are moments on our journey following the Lord
Where God illumines ev’ry step we take.
There are times when circumstances make perfect sense to us,
As we try to understand each move He makes.
When the path grows dim and our questions have no answers, turn to Him.

Bow the knee;
Trust the heart of your Father when the answer goes beyond what you can see.
Bow the knee;
Lift your eyes toward heaven and believe the One who holds eternity.
And when you don’t understand the purpose of His plan,
In the presence of the King, bow the knee.

There are days when clouds surround us, and the rain begins to fall,
The cold and lonely winds won’t cease to blow.
And there seems to be no reason for the suffering we feel;
We are tempted to believe God does not know.
When the storms arise, don’t forget we live by faith and not by sight.

pearlie

4 comments:

  1. A few thoughts Pearlie.

    "Trust the heart of your Father when the answer goes beyond what you can see."

    Love that!

    "And when you don’t understand the purpose of His plan,"

    Mostly I think that his plan is to conform me into the image of his Son.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must still go listen.The words, I can see - or think I can- the heart of the writer.
    All starts and ends at "bow the knee", when we see the path and when we do not, all that matters is that we live with the knowledge all of all for us is in CHRIST.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bob, thanks for your thoughts. Will be with me as I continue to learn the so gin my choral group these coming months :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Madeby, yea. The words of the author in this song are deep and I hope for it to sink deep in my heart to live in his presence all the days of my life.

    ReplyDelete