Sunday, March 27, 2016

In Christ we shall be made alive

I have two songs with me this Easter Sunday. 

Firstly, this chorus from The Messiah has really become my favorite. Taken from 1 Corinthians 15:21-22, it has indeed the Easter message: we were fallen and we face death but through Jesus, we are resurrected in him. We all will die one day, but in Christ, we shall all be made alive. We will be resurrected. Amen!


Since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. 
For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

The second song that was with me was this delightful Cantonese 3-part canon. The worship leader used it in service this morning and I was brought back to when I sang it most probably 30 years ago and haven't sung it since. 


Alle,Alleluia,Alleluia! 

基督降世
gei duk gong sai
Christ was born
為我罪受死埋葬, 
wai ngo jui sau sei mai jong
Died for me and was buried
三天過後
sam tin gwor hau
Three days passed
活叫我們
fook woot giu ngo moon
Resurrected and called us
承受永遠盼望。 
sing sau wing yuen paan mong
To receive eternal hope

復活主,復活主,
fook woot jue, fook woot jue
Christ is risen, Christ is risen 
基督今天復活, 
gei duk gam tin fook woot
Christ is risen today
復活了。
fook woot liu
He is already risen. 

Amen.

Blessed Easter everyone! May the resurrected Christ be the center of your life now and forevermore. 

pearlie

No comments:

Post a Comment