Wednesday, March 02, 2016

Air-Fried Pavakka (Bitter Gourd)


I love pavakka or fried bitter gourd. I would always order it when I eat in Indian restaurants. I found a recipe and thought I should try it in my air-fryer. It was a success and tasted absolutely wonderful. It's dry, just the way I like them. They are crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside, and salted with a bitter tang to it.  It's like healthy potato chips, just a wee bit bitter. 

AIR-FRIED PAVAKKA
Serves 2

Ingredients
2 cups sliced bitter gourd. Get the smaller ones. 
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp chili powder
A dash of oil
A dash of salt

Instructions 
1. Slice the bitter gourd thin if you like it all crunchy and slightly thicker but not too thick if you want it soft on the inside. Remove the center part of each slice. Put it in a plate.
2. Drizzle in turmeric powder, chili powder and oil. 
3. Mix it until evenly covered.
4. Put them into the air fryer basket and fry at 200°C for 14 to 16 minutes. Check a couple of time to ensure they don't get too brown or dry.
5. Sprinkle with salt and serve.

Enjoy!

pearlie

No comments:

Post a Comment