Thursday, February 18, 2016

Why I Stopped Saying "I'll Pray For You"

I noticed an email from Faithgateway Today with the subject Why I Stopped Saying "I'll Pray For You". I was drawn to it because that was exactly what I've done over the past year. I've stopped saying that too. 

Why?

Because I will forget to do it and ended up feeling guilty about it. So what I do instead is to say that I'm praying and immediately pray for the person. And with the prayer requests these days that are usually in text message form, I will sometimes even text a prayer over. 

If all the prayers that were promised were actually prayed, this would be a different world by now. — John Eldredge from Moving Mountains

Check it out here for more. 

pearlie 

3 comments:

  1. While I agree with you (and respond similarly), I do not agree with Eldredge. IMO, the lack of prayers is not responsible for the state of the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree it is not responsible, but with more prayers, it might have been different, no?

      Delete
    2. If prayers cause people to be more loving then anything is possible. ツ

      Delete