Thursday, February 04, 2016

The Profundity of Sadness

I don't feel too well lately, both physically and emotionally. Nothing to it though, just the periodic ailment I get once in awhile. I found these quotations quite profound nonetheless. 

Every man has his secret sorrows which the world knows not; and often times we call a man cold when he is only sad.
~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

You cannot protect yourself from sadness without protecting yourself from happiness. 
~ Jonathan Safran Foer

The longer and more carefully we look at a funny story, the sadder it becomes.
~ Nikolai Gogol

Nothing can cure the soul but the senses, just as nothing can cure the senses but the soul.
~ Oscar Wilde

There are moments when I wish I could roll back the clock and take all the sadness away, but I have the feeling that if I did, the joy would be gone as well.
~ Nicholas Sparks

I do not believe anyone can be perfectly well, who has a brain and a heart
~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

pearlie

1 comment:

  1. The link between joy and sadness in these quotes is so insightful Pearlie.

    I have been sick for almost 2 weeks now. Feel better though. Hope you geel better soon dear sister.

    ReplyDelete