Thursday, February 11, 2016

Lunch at Sek Yuen, Jalan Pudu

My colleagues and I decided to drive out for lunch today and we went to Sek Yuen in Jalan Pudu. This is a very interesting place. They started business in 1948 and they are still using their original building. It's really old and rustic.

The place was really busy for lunch today, being the 4th day of CNY. I am not sure if it is just as busy on regular days






This is my 6th time having yee sang this CNY, and it is really good. The one I have yesterday was so bad that I am very happy with this. The good thing about Sek Yuen's yee sang is that it consist mostly of freshly julienne vegetables.


Steamed Chicken

Beancurd with Soy Sauce and Spring Onions

Oh, this is the yummiest roast duck I have ever tasted. It was hot straight out of the oven, crunchy on the outside and tender on the inside. They made a mistake and served this really late, after we have finished all the other dishes. But it makes a very, very satisfying close to the meal. You should have seen the contented looks on our faces.


And here's where the ducks are hung to dry before going into the oven. Well, the kitchen, food preparation area and surroundings are not pleasing to the eye. So what you need to do is to just walk past without looking!


pearlie

2 comments: