Tuesday, February 09, 2016

I survived on just 20 sen a day back in my primary school days

I was out lunch with my parents this afternoon and we spent RM177 on what I thought was just a very simple meal. Yes, we did have yee sang and even if I deduct it from the bill, it will still come up to a steep RM120 for a plate of spinach, pork roll with cold jellyfish and glutinous rice with cured meat.

Food prices has gone up so much. We used to just pay RM2.50 for a bowl of noodle soup. Now you can't get anything good for less than RM7. 

And I still remember the time when my mom just gave me 20 sen each day for school. I would spend 10 sen for a small plate of plain assam laksa, 5 sen for a glass of cordial and the remaining 5 sen for a snack.

Now you could easily spend up to RM20 on a meal.

pearlie 

No comments:

Post a Comment