Thursday, February 25, 2016

Food processor or Chopper

I am getting along with my project to get back to cooking. I wanted to upgrade on my kitchen appliances and get a kitchen processor. Or should I just get a chopper instead. 

I did some research both in Google and by asking my friends. The feedback I got was that the kitchen processor is usually only used for the first few times and then avoided like a plague because cleaning and washing it is an absolute hassle. It then dawned on me that it was exactly what happened with my unit when I first got it many years ago. It just wasn't worth the effort if I just want to chop some garlic or onions, which is what I usually need to do. 

With that, I decided to just get a chopper. I redeemed  this Lebensstil unit using my credit card points and I used it for the first time this evening. It was easy to use, to wash and clean. I knew made the right choice. 


The next item to get is a mandolin slicer. I believe it will be much easier to use and more effective than a kitchen processor. But they are hard to find. The unit I found near my office sold by a culinary university appliance store cost more than RM1000! I will be hunting around for a much, much cheaper unit. 



pearlie

No comments:

Post a Comment