Sunday, January 17, 2016

It's now our family theme song: You Can't Always Get What You Want




It's official. We have made this our family theme song. My husband and I have been watching, again,  the TV series House M.D., and some weeks ago, my son asked for something. I said no and he was unhappy. I was very serious when I said this to him, "You can't always get what you want." 

I then thought, "Now that sounds familiar," and started singing the song. My son obviously looked at me incredulously. LOL. 

There are a few versions of the song, originally by The Rolling Stones,  but I found this one brilliantly done.

My husband and I sing it in jest quite often when we are together to the chagrin of my son. It's good that he still has some patience with his parents. 

pearlie

No comments:

Post a Comment