Saturday, January 02, 2016

Bookstore Time

I had a really nice time being out with my hubby and son today. We were at the bookstore, a place I haven't been in quite awhile. But since my son, who is still a print book person, wanted to go get some books, off we went to our favorite bookstore, Kinokuniya. I really missed browsing in bookstores.


Kinokuniya, KLCC, the best bookstore by far in Kuala Lumpur


One of my favourite aisle in the store. The other favourite is the Popular Science aisle.

These books caught my interest. The funny thing was, what I had with me when I left the bookstore were snapshots of the books I wanted. Back then, I would have walked out with a huge bag of books and a couple or more hundred ringgit poorer.

Anyway, I've enjoyed the visit so much I should come visit once every two or three months.


Someone Like You
by Roald Dahl
I tonight I have all of Roald Dahl's book but looks like I missed this one, or did I?


Phishing for Phools, The Economics of Manipulation and Deception
by George A. Akerlof & Robert J. Shiller
I do get attracted to interesting popular economics-themed books. Maybe it's because even though I studied economics, I still find there's so much I don't know.


Me, Myself, and Why, Searching for the Science of Self
by Jennifer Ouellette
I'm currently very interested in studying consciousness - why is there me? Why am I not you, him or her?


The Universe Inside You, The Extreme Science of the Human Body
by Brian Clegg
Ever since I've taken the course on psychology in Coursera, and my catching up on episodes of House M.D., this topic of the human body draws my interest.


Jeremy & Amy, The Extraordinary True Story of One Man and His Orang-utan
by Jeremy Keeling
I thought it's time I needed a good feel-good story. This may fit the bill.


The Soul of an Octopus, A Surprising Exploration into the Wonder of Consciousness
by Sy Montgomery
Octopuses intrigue me, and what more now that they're connected to the topic of consciousness.


The Diet Myth, The Real Science Behind What We Eat
by Tim Spector
Interesting topic, but would it be a good idea to know so much. Sometimes, ignorance is bliss.

pearlie
Photo source: Christopher Teh, Zafigo

No comments:

Post a Comment