Wednesday, November 11, 2015

The King or the Fairy?

My hubby and I were watching Arrow when we heard a piece of music being played in the soundtrack. My hubby asked me if it was the piece from the Nutcracker Suite. Possible I said, and I tried checking it out via SoundHound. (I just hummed the tune to get it identified - the things we could do these days with technology).

It turned out it wasn't the Nutcracker piece but Grieg's In the Hall of the Mountain King.

You take a listen to both these and tell me they don't sound alike. I hear or sing one and would not be able to remember the other.

But one does seem more masculine and the other feminine, don't you think so?

Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy, The Nutcracker Suite by Tchaikovsky


In the Hall of the Mountain King by Edvard Grieg


pearlie

No comments:

Post a Comment