Tuesday, October 20, 2015

The right not to listen to music

I have this belief that everyone is entitled to our space when we are in public areas, and this include the sounds we hear. I'm okay with white noises, or when people are talking as long as not too loudly, but I hate it when people play their music or videos aloud from their smartphones or tablets. Haven't they heard of earphones?

My colleague does the same in the office. I got so sick of listening to her endless renditions of Norah Jones and Adele. I did ask her several times to switch it off but she ignores me. Sigh... I'd end up putting on my own set of earphones and and listen to a series of white noises so I can get back to work.

We have the right not to listen to your music. Please use your earphones.

pearlie

No comments:

Post a Comment