Monday, August 17, 2015

The Rise of Phone Reading

I came across this article today: The Rise of Phone Reading.

For those who scoff at me reading from the small screen of my iPhone, you need to read this article.
Ever since the first hand-held e-readers were introduced in the 1990s, the digital-reading revolution has turned the publishing world upside down. But contrary to early predictions, it’s not the e-reader that will be driving future book sales, but the phone.
It is because of the smartphone that I'm back to reading. It's mobile, convenience and compact, holding close to a thousand volumes just in the palm of my hand.

The article does downplay it a bit but as far as I'm concerned, I am so used to it, I'm no longer a print person though I still like print books for keepsakes.

What do you expect? I'm an Ood, remember? LOL

pearlie

No comments:

Post a Comment