Thursday, August 27, 2015

A reader begets a reader

I think whilst Generation Z kids are a generation that whizzes ahead in technology and the digital world, they are quite conventional and traditional in some of their behaviours.

Like my son, he would still insist on reading print books. Even after much persuasion, he would not relent. Like most conventional readers, he tells me he likes the smell and feel of books.

I must mention that I do too. I love the smell and feel of books. Just that the convenience and mobility of ebooks trumps smell and feel.

I was in KLCC today for a conference and I invited him to join me for a meal after school. And naturally after that, we stopped by Kinokuniya. It's our favourite book store, though we have not visited it in ages.

There he fished out his personal book list kept in his iPhone, hunted for the titles and settled with these three books.

They look so interesting that I would love to dig into them too, except that they are in print.

But I'm happy with his book choices. A reader indeed begets a reader.


Things to Make and Do in the Fourth Dimension
by Matt Parker


What If? Serious Scientific Answers to Absurd Hypothetical Questions
by Randall Munroe


Ready Player One
by Ernest Cline

pearlie

No comments:

Post a Comment