Sunday, July 05, 2015

Eternal Praise: will never stop singing forever and ever

I love to sing and I thank God for giving me the opportunity to learn and grow in my singing through my serving in church. And when I sing, these two people will at times come to mind.

One, is our Grace Notes conductor, Joanna Lau. I've known her for about 13 years. It was she through whom I then understood what previous instructors were trying to tell me. I never understood what "singing from the diaphragm" meant until Joanna.

The other person is my late brother in the Lord, Tuck Meng. I feel sad whenever I think of him. For reasons I still do not know, he took his own life. But he is the one person with whom I learned and took up the interest in singing harmony in a group when we were in the youth group back then. After all these years, I have now learned to sing harmony by ear. (I thought again about him today and wondered if I can pray for him. Can I pray for the dead?)

Chris Abner preached in church this morning on 1 Cor 1:1-17, and he spoke about being unified as a people of God and serving in the church with the gifts God has given us as we prepare ourselves when we will meet him face to face. In light of the new heaven and new earth, I suddenly thought what a delight it will be then when I can be a part of the grand choir! And yes, like in the book of Revelation, I am sure this choir will surely never stop singing and singing and singing.

Amen, blessings and glory and wisdom and thanksgiving and honor and power and might, be to our God forever and ever. Amen.
~ Revelation 7:12

pearlie

No comments:

Post a Comment