Monday, June 01, 2015

The Pearlie Month



I am not born this month but I shall make it my month nonetheless. To start with, I found these lovely quotes with pearls in them.

Real friendship, like real poetry, is extremely rare - and precious as a pearl.
~ Tahar Ben Jelloun

All art is autobiographical. The pearl is the oyster's autobiography.
~ Federico Fellini

For memory, we use our imagination. We take a few strands of real time and carry them with us, then like an oyster we create a pearl around them.
~ John Banville

Well, for us, in history where goodness is a rare pearl, he who was good almost takes precedence over he who was great.
~ Victor Hugo

And this gem of a quote I found will now be etched in my mind forever:

Like a layer on a pearl, you can't specifically identify the irritant, the moment of the irritant, but at the end of the day, you know you have a pearl.
~ Ken Burns

pearlie

2 comments: