Friday, June 12, 2015

Lazy Thinking

Reading, after a certain age, diverts the mind too much from its creative pursuits. Any man who reads too much and uses his own brain too little falls into lazy habits of thinking.
~ Albert Einstein

I wonder if I have fallen into this category of people. I was checking my blog on the topic of heaven that I thought I might have written about, and I found two of it, one in 2008 and one in 2014. The one in 2008 was more well thought of than the one in 2014, and today, I had thought of writing about heaven in the same line of thought but looking back, my writing today wouldn't have been so thought out.

I don't think reading too much is bad. It's just that I know I've grown lazy in my thinking.

However, trust my CG-mates to tease me for reading so much. They labeled me with this word: bibliobibuli.


"They wander in this most diverting and stimulating of worlds in a haze, seeing nothing and hearing nothing."

Oh dear. Oh no. Really?

pearlie

4 comments:

  1. I think this is why I like to read and then write about what I read. Writing forces me to think. This morning I blogged about righteousness and it helped me to think it through and focus on the nature of it. So, reading good, writing better. ツ

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a good practice. Read and write :) I have to read you more in your An Eye For Redemption blog. Ironically, for my devotion reading today, it was about hearing -- hearing the word of God :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These days I seem to be posting more there than on kansascitybob.com ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Done...I've added your thinking-writing blog onto my list already :)

    ReplyDelete