Monday, March 23, 2015

It's not good for man to be alone

When God said it is not good for man to be alone (Gen 2:18), I wonder if it only applies to companionship for a man in respective to marriage, or can we look at it at a more general scope to cover all human, male and female, and all kinds of relationships.

I thought of this because I realise it is not good for me to be alone. Of course the word alone can mean two different things, or more. For one, it can refer to being lonely even though you are in the midst of a crowd of people, familiar or not. And two, it can simply mean you are alone, there is no one physically beside you.

In my case, I am referring to the second one. It is not good for me to be alone without anyone with me.

I like to think, a lot. Like it a lot and also think a lot. But when I am alone, my thinking tend to turn to brooding and from too much brooding, I get depressed. And that is not good.

The next time I'm feeling a bit down, I must make it a point to spend my time with people around me, lest I fall into a spiral of depression.

pearlie

P/S 26 Mar 2015: I just received this article in my inbox which I think is really relevant and interesting to what I posted here - The Social Epidemic That’s Worse For Health Than Obesity, Smoking Or Alcoholism

No comments:

Post a Comment