Thursday, March 05, 2015

A full plate, a full tray

This idiom, "a full plate" means--a full schedule, a lot to do, which very much describe my work life right now.

But I would also like to take on the Chinese idiom that involves a "full tray". It portrays a full and blessed life, with everything good in abundance.

The idiom in Cantonese is poon moon boot moon--full tray and full dish.

Since there is nothing much I can do about my full plate, I will live my life nonetheless like a full tray--fully provided for and contented in Christ Jesus. The LORD is my shepherd,I shall not want, I am lacking in nothing, I have everything I need. His grace is sufficient for me, his power is perfected in my weakness.

And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.
~ Philippians 4:19 (ESV)

pearlie

No comments:

Post a Comment