Sunday, February 08, 2015

My ABCs of URLs

You know when you use your web browser, you'd get an auto-fill of your most visited sites when you start start typing in the URL addresses. I thought it may be fun to list out every URL address I get for all 26 letters of the alphabet from Safari in my iPhone.

No cheating and here goes:
amazon.com - I seldom buy from Amazon but refer a lot to it when I need to check out titles
bbc.com - too many bad news lately
click.logosmail.com - monthly free books from Logos
drawsomethingcheats.com - I don't play Draw Something for the longest time now but still use this when I'm stuck with 4 Pics 1 Words
en.m.wikipedia.org - ah...my version of "Britannica" now
fallenpastor.com - sigh...
goodreads.com - my most favourite site
halal.gov.my - weird to get this result, maybe just once for a research I was doing
icommittopray.com - a recent site I've checked to pray for the persecuted
jewels.esmilde.com - the only friend's blog in this list, which is nice because she is my first blogger friend
kobobooks.com - I check the titles and reviews in Amazon and I buy them here, only when they're available for sale though, not all titles are
levi.com.my - again, I only checked this out once, I was contemplating buying a pair, but have not
maybank2u.com.my - local bank site
nemun.org.np - a very recent visit, check out my recent post about them here
onedrive.live.com - access to my stuff
pearliegates.com - of course
q - no result
rhbnow.com.my - another local bank site
secure.kobobooks.com - shows I buy loads from here
thestar.com.my - for local news
us.songselect.com - I haven't mentioned before but I've started worship leading in this church and have been searching for worship songs
visual.ly - I have no idea what this is
www.pearliegates.com - shows this is the most visited from my iPhone, obvious since I blog everyday
x - no result
yahoo.com - for my emails, only because I don't have a Yahoo mail app in my iPhone
zhongwen.com - ah, my favourite Chinese language site

What would yours be?

pearlie

6 comments:

  1. LOL, I'll take kansascitybob.com over kobobooks.com any day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Very cool Pearlie! I guess I haven't blogged much lately because winter is a harder time for me to take pix and I have no kids home. But I'll snap out of it eventually :) thanks for asking!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. KB, I did think of kansascitybob.com for the list!
    Anyway, I did mention you several posts ago :) here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julia, "but I'll snap out of it eventually". Love your (intended/unintended?) pun! And really good to hear from you again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, it was unintended but must be quite subconscious :)

    ReplyDelete