Sunday, February 01, 2015

Be magnanimous to everyone

One of my most referred to bible passage is the Philippians 4:6-7 do-not-be-anxious one. But because of today's sermon, I've now noticed the verse before: "Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand." ~ Philippians 4:5.

It basically means we as Christians are to be reasonable, magnanimous and in peace in all our undertakings, especially in relation with our dealings with everyone, believers and unbelievers alike.

Indeed, a very timely reminder in our current times, very timely indeed.

pearlie
Source: Gerald F. Hawthorne, Philippians, Word Biblical Commentary

2 comments:

  1. "magnanimous "

    I love that word!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, I got that word reading Hawthorne's commentary on Philippians and thanks to you, it has reminded me to give him credit :) but yes, I love that word too!

    ReplyDelete