Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Ash Wednesday



I miss attending a liturgical church. I forgot it is Ash Wednesday today until it was too late. I had not realized it is now the Lent Season, a time to be still and meditate, to spent more time in prayer and in fasting to draw near to God in this special time as well as to prepare to observe and celebrate the Holy Week.

Today is also the Chinese New Year eve, a time to celebrate the new year with family and friends. A time to rekindle relationships and friendships.

Lent season is 40 days and Chinese New Year is 15. I need to balance between a time of celebration and contemplation.

pearlie

1 comment:

  1. Our Methodist church does ashes but we were both ill and stayed home.

    I do think that is is interesting that Sundays are not counted as a part of Lent.

    ReplyDelete