Thursday, January 22, 2015

Lost to my heart and mind



I checked out the Mandarin word for busy, mang, and I thought it was so interesting.

I have been extremely busy since I started work this year and it hasn't let up. I have had back to back meetings almost everyday for the past three weeks. I was in meetings today from 9:30am to 7:00pm, right through lunch. I don't like it that I haven't had time at all to think or mull, hence no time to practice my Intellection (#2 in my Gallup strength sequence).

When I checked the word mang, I found out that the word is made up of two parts, "heart" and "lost". As much as "lost" is only phonetic, and I most probably am wrong in this, it seems that being busy is being lost in heart and mind. I am so busy that I don't have the time for my heart and my mind. I am lost to it.

Ah, no wonder I don't like it.

pearlie
Source: zhongwen.com

No comments:

Post a Comment