Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Book Review: The Love Song of Queenie Hennessey


The Love Song of Queenie Hennessey
by Rachel Joyce

I finally got a copy of the companion to Rachel Joyce's The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry, The Love Song of Queenie Hennessey and read it. I have enjoyed reading the first one more, but it was good nonetheless.

It gave an intimate look into the last days of people with terminal illness in palliative care. But mostly, the story goes around the guilt and unrequited love of a woman for a man.

I had wondered as I was reading the book how Joyce would bring it to an end. Will you not agree with me that the most important parts of a book (or story, or movie, or life events, or even life for that matter) are its beginning and ending. And I must say I like this ending better than the one on Harold Fry. It was unexpected and yet unsurprising.

When I got to it, "ahh, of course," I exclaimed.

pearlie

No comments:

Post a Comment