Monday, November 24, 2014

Am I a sleepwalker?


Dreamland, Adventures in the Strange Science of Sleep
by David K. Randall

I read this book back in 2013 and regretted not blogging a review about it. I have forgotten most of what I have read and I will no longer be able to come up with a review now but all I can say is that it was a fabulous read.

However, I am bringing it up here because I am reminded of these few things that I read. Sleep is an amazing thing that God created us to do. And till now, scientists still do not know for sure why we sleep. You may say we sleep to rest but the body is quite active and does many things while we are sleeping, including the brain.

And one thing that it does is that while we sleep, we go into a state of paralysis so that we don't act out our dreams. But in some people, it does not work properly and so they sleepwalk.

People who sleepwalk obviously do not know that they do it. They might find bruises on their body and find themselves sleeping in a different place when they wake up.

I found a bruise I can't remember how I got it. It was quite a bad one at my left elbow. And now I'm wondering if I'm sleepwalking!

Oh dear...

pearlie

No comments:

Post a Comment